Short Introduction to use Cetus 3D Printer MKII:
- For Apple Users Go to App Store, search „cetus3D“and install.
- For Windows use „UP Studio“(its exactly the same but also available for windows…)
- Open „Cetus 3D“ and go to „Print“
- Add your file or test printer with a simple geometry
- Set print parameters
- check preview
There are also other „Slicer“software to run the Cetus Printer. For example „Simplify 3D“– its a quite advanced Software to generate specialized 3D Prints. You may need to install the Simplify-profile- get it here.
Explanation to settings in Cetus Software:
- Layer Thickness: best value 0.2mm (installed 0.4mm Nozzle)
- Infill setting: No infill (only outline of model with bottom and top)
- Infill setting: No infill, No top, No bottom (sidewalls only)
- Infill setting: 13% – 99% infill selection, choose the best, save material
- Quality: soft difference between fine, normal and fast selection
- Nozzle offset: creates gaps between layers. Keep it on zero by default.
- Unsolid model: considers the inside of a model. If unsolid model is not selected, only the outlines of the model will be printed. By selecting this option inside-parts will be considered to print (depending to its infill selection or how the model was built!)
- No Raft: The model starts directly on machine platform if selected. By deselected this option the model will be printed on automatic generated basement. The positiv effects are an even base and optimized adhesion of the modelbase. It is mostly easier to brake it away after . Bad effects are more time and material spent.
- No Support: no change if selected. By deselecting this option the software calculates smart support structures, which help overhangs to be printed. The structures are supposed to break-away after the print.
SUPPORT CETUS MKII- nozzle height calibration
Does your printer start to scratch on the base plate in the beginning? Or does the first layer print in air without sticking on the basement? Then its time to calibrate the nozzle height of the printer- check this tutorial and adjust height.
Further support can be given during „Corona-time“ on zoom for students who have borrowed a printer to print at home. Tuesday-Friday 13:00-17:00 on following channel: Cetus 3D Druck Support with Armando
Or check the main Zhdk_tec_talk_Werkstätten Tuesday and Thurday 14:00-15:00 here: https://zhdk.zoom.us/j/641535915